Monday, October 24, 2011

Soldier of love

"I've lost the use of my heart, but I'm still alive" this is the opening line to Sade's song "soldier of love".  I am a huge fan of Sade and I absolutely love this song. Now I would be lying if I said I had experienced major heart break but I think I have been enough around soldiers to get where Sade is going with these lyrics. So many of us have experienced heart break, failure or the simple disappointments life has always had in store for us, This song just reminds me that we are beaten but never broken. We are the soldiers and we will continue fighting till the very last breath leaves our bodies. Another favourite line: "I've been torn up inside, I've been left behind. so i ride, I have the will to survive" and that's the moral of this story. In fear of turning this post into some cliche soppy over drawn failed attempt at upliftment i will leave you with these last few words: You are a soldier, if you are still breathing you have survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment